Friday, June 24, 2011

Freakin' Floody Friday

Yesterday, June 24, 2011 was a hell of a day not only for me but I'm sure for most of the commuters in Manila particulary in Makati area. The street that I pass by everyday is Mayapis & hubby & I call it 'Lake Mayapis'. Storm 'Falcon' made it's presence felt all over the country & I sure got pissed. Why? Well, I left the office at past six & I got home almost midnight! That's around 5 wasted hours. I walked from the office & chickened out when I reached "Lake Mayapis'. I would not want to charge the flooded area coz flood is tire deep & you could just imagine how nasty the dirty waters came from. eeeew! I stopped at KFC & ate for awhile. Noticed that the bus & traffic outside isn't moving at all. That was more than an hour I noticed. I prayed that I could ride a bus because I really could not imagine myself walking through that filthy waters. I called my hubby & told me that his buddy said that that area is indeed flooded. I was soo bored even though the conductor put on a dvd to be played on. I even moved seats thrice until I sat in front of the bus. Passengers come in and out of the bus. A lot got impatient but I do agree that 'Good things come to those who wait'. Hours after hours of waiting for the traffic to move. As we moved, finally! no wonder traffic was not moving for ages was because of the counterflow. It was a busy intersection & you would see on the opposite lane that they covered the entire lane WT! Goodness gracious! I kept praying not only for myself but for all the stranded commuters for us to arrive home safely. I missed my baby! Baby was left with only her nanny. Even though her nanny is not new, I still feel uncomfortable leaving baby by herself with her for long periods of hours. I guess it's mothers instinct. Street outside our house is flooded too, eeeww again! But happy that I finally got home safe & sound. Gee it's 2011 already & the street in Mayapis gets flooded everytime even with not too strong rains. Now what the heck are the mayors & officials doing in the city? New buildings pop up in Makati yet they could not solve the problem in that area? People wake up! Do you have to wait for another 'Ondoy?' to fix that prob? Use our taxes wisely!
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment