Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To Breastfeed or to Bottlefeed?


All experts say that breast milk is best for your babies. Aside from this being nutritious for the baby, it has low protein content which helps in baby’s digestion. Breast milk also protects baby from infections. Breast-fed babies weight gain is steadier & appropriate to their age.  

The only advantage I can see with bottle fed babies are, you will not worry too much of the transition from breastfeeding when you introduce your baby to the bottle. 

In my experience, I was only able to give breast milk until two months. I am happy enough that I was able to give my colostrum to my baby which is more important to me. I was amazed at how much milk I produced after I delivered my baby. Unfortunately, I was taking several medications due to different sickness which comes after another. Even though doctors prescribe me those medicines that are suppose to be safe for the baby, I was a not totally convinced. I knew somehow those medicines I took would mix in my bloodstream & eventually affect the milk that I produce thus I stopped breastfeeding. If only I was that healthy and strong, I would continue breastfeeding. I tried my best but milk would not come out of my breast anymore because I did not give it regularly. I guess that’s one disadvantage of becoming a late mother, you would experience a lot of pre and post natal difficulties. Nevertheless, I am very thankful that my baby is healthy and strong.      


No comments:

Post a Comment