Monday, May 23, 2011

Mikaela in the making

Around 5 years in the making, that's how long we waited for our most precious one -Mikaela. I didn't even know that I was already pregnant at that time. Kiko and I went to celebrate Jeng's birthday at Laguna. I think that's our first out-of-town getaway as a couple. Along with some of my good old High School friends, we swam in their hot spring pool. I even drank 'Bailey's like drink' at that time! No wonder I looked bloated. 
And then I realized, I was delayed. My heart skipped a bit. I got a little nervous too. I don't want to hope that much but God knows my longing. I asked hubby to buy me a preg test kit. Early morning, I tested my urine. While waiting for the result, mixed emotions run through me . Suddenly two lines were getting visible. Honestly, I didn't really expect that it would turn out to be positive! I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES! I Immediately called Kiko & told him to look at it. I thought my eyes were blurry & just playing tricks on me. Confirmed! He looked at me & told me, "I told you, this will come because the Lord wills it". Me and my little faith. I admire hubby of his great faith. A miracle has happened & it has begun! 
After learning that I was expecting, I immediately searched for baby names. Most of my friends told me that I was carrying a boy. To our surprise, when I got my ultrasound, the doctor said it's 'hamburger like' -pertaining to her genitals so that means, I am carrying a girl!! whoooweee! If it has a 'turtle like head' that would be a 'putotoy' & that makes the little one, a boy. I actually preferred a girl & Kiko wanted a boy. But  we would gladly welcome & treasure our baby whatever God gives us. I wanted a girl because it's so much fun to dress & fix them right? Later on when Kiko became a hands on daddy, he said.. "It's ok, I don't want a boy anymore, I just want you..baby girl." Why do I get the feeling that baby would become a daddy's girl....       
Mikaela originates from Hebrew meaning 'God's gift'. Perfect for our most precious child.

No comments:

Post a Comment